Thursday, May 15, 2008

End of Mat Leave

5-15-08

Today is the last day of "getting things done" during maternity leave. I have been trying so hard this week to get the house in order so we can put it on the market. We have a storage facility now, and I have boxed up so many books and other junk to clear it out of the house. I am not close to being done, but have made a big dent. Louis has been in daycare this whole week, and that has helped. I sure do miss that little pumpkin, though.

Louis has had a great four days so far at school. He's taking his bottles well, and his teachers say he's smiling a lot. He really likes to look outside at the other kids playing, and he likes all of the bright toys they have hanging around the room. Bonus for me: he sleeps less during the day and more at night!

Tomorrow is Johnny's pre-k graduation. We'll also have a "practice morning" for me going back to work. I'll leave the house for work at 6:45, John will get the kids dressed and headed to school at 8:30, then John and I will have some time together before graduation at 11. Then it's out for early hapy hour with the other moms. I'll pick up the kids at 3:30, and that will be our normal routine starting next week. I hope we can make that work, because it will save us a ton of money in daycare costs!

C

No comments: